The Gazelle des îles: family-friendly, smart and comfortable
For sailing enthusiasts, the versatile sails and electric motor (optional) give you controlled power. For small crews and families, have an adventure around the islands no matter what the sea throws at you.
- Ballasted Gaff Sloop
- Versatile Schooner
Your family-friendly light boat!
- Sea and Ocean : category C & D
- Rivers and Lakes
Spacious flat-bottomed cockpit
- Almost 3m² of versatile space to seat small groups, sleep on board, set sail on treks…and keep maintenance to a minimum!
Compact comfort & Helm shelter
- You can add the following at anytime, even after your Gazelle des Iles has been built: 2 removable benches, waterproof flooring to sleep on board, fold-down helm shelter & bimini top to protect from rain, fitted awning for treks etc.
Unique! The electric fitted motor
- Silent, invisible, functional.
- Explore protected natural areas, sail when there’s no wind, go forth in calm currents and pull of trick manoeuvres…. without the noise!
His key points
- Unsinkable, Self-righting, Self-bailing floor when moored
- Launch your boat on your own and sail solo or with a crew
- Unique fractional sails to suit wind conditions and crewmates: tolerance for beginners, power for sea dogs and sailors
- A 3 x 1.3m flat deck: spacious, comfortable and suitable for sleeping
- 150l ballast that automatically fits into the keel when the boat launches making it super stable
His technical characteristics
CE marking & Professional approval
Year-on-year scalable equipment
Adjustable sails in minutes
Self-bailing floor when moored
Length x Width x Height
3.9 x 1.45 x 1.1m
Dry weight (from) / Liquid ballast
120kg / 150 litres
5 – 6.2m
3 - 5 adults
Optional outboard motor frame
Electric inboard motor
Adaptable in the workshops
Electric 500 W
Freeboard mainsail, Self-tacking battened jib, Mainsail jib
Wooden deck, oars, fitted motor please see catalogue
Special professional range
Special adaptation for School, Club, Rental, Charter
Ask for prices and catalogue for The Gazelle des Iles
"The day I saw the construction of the Gazelle des Iles’ hull, I knew that the boat I’d dreamt of was becoming a reality. I was going to get back in touch with my inner child on board my father’s rowboat.
I’ve been the happy owner of a Gazelle des Iles for a few months and it has captured my friends and family’s hearts no matter their age.
I was looking for a boat that was easy to maintain, transport and handle alone to get off the coast - category D – in total safety.
On the first trip, I realised when I launched the boat that I was no expert in reversing a trailer. What a surprise! After a few minutes fumbling around, I finally got to the bottom of the dry-dock and was properly aligned. A suitable tilting trailer with appropriate wheels made launching the boat as easy as loading it with no need for extra help despite my small build.
The silent electric motor is powerful enough to get you out of the port and is an investment that I like but it’s very easy to get about by sculling.
Since it’s designed for sailing, it’s pure joy at sea!
I was able to set out during a light breeze with a gaff cutter and beat windward in the swell for several hours without getting tired, sitting comfortably at the back of the boat on a large fender. And I was no less content in a catboat with 55km/hr winds (a day that was perfect for windsurfers!) without getting a drop of water in the boat or putting myself in danger.
After Vilaine Bay, a fabulous and uncrowded playground, I experienced the joys of navigating through the Morbihan Gulf’s islands by setting off from different docks in Vannes, Le Logéo and Montsarrac. The sails’ ease of manoeuvre and the lack of boom (editor’s note: and the flat bottom!) once again enabled me to safely navigate between the oyster farms and countless fast and noisy boats by using the currents.
I hope to be able to sail in other areas whilst I wait for the Genoa jib. I’d like to thank Patrick and Marie for designing boats whose light weight and easy handling mean we can take them everywhere.
For more testimonials